- 2 Tbl whole milk
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp green onion chopped
- 2 egg yolks beaten
- 3 Tbl flour
- 4 cups potatoes mashed
- 1 egg beaten
- bread crumbs sifted
- salt to taste
- peanut oil enough to fill pan 1/2″
- Add milk, salt, pepper, chopped onion, beaten egg yolks and flour to mashed potatoes.
- Chill and then shape using an ice cream scoop.
- Dip in the beaten egg, then roll through bread crumbs.
- Fry each croquette in shallow oil until brown on all sides.
Cook in small batches, giving each croquette at least 2 inches of space around it to not overcrowd the pan. This prevents the croquettes from crumbling while frying.